The Emerging Leaders Program strengthens the leadership skills of talented teachers, coaches and assistant principals in partner districts and charter management organizations, putting participants on the pathway to the principalship while building leadership capacity across a system. We teach participants powerful mindsets and skill sets to start driving achievement gains in their schools right away. If candidates live in one of our program cities, the Emerging Leaders Program is the primary pathway into the Aspiring Principals Program.
At New Leaders, we believe that educators need to practice new habits and methods of leadership in order to truly learn them. In the Emerging Leaders Program, participants are introduced to valuable new concepts and skills and put them into action in the real world of their schools. These skills include:
- Adult leadership: Motivating a team to believe in college success for all students and the team’s ability to realize this goal, building trusting relationships, giving constructive feedback, and leading effective meetings;
- Instructional leadership: Setting the expectation that college success is the target, guiding teams through a full data analysis cycle as well as observing and coaching teachers to improve instruction;
- Culture leadership: Building a learning orientation and sense of efficacy among team members and students focused on hard work and personal responsibility for one’s own development; and
- Personal leadership: Receiving feedback and self-reflecting to continuously improve
- Have a serious intention and desire to serve as a principal and are prepared to enter the principal preparation pipeline
- Are currently serving in a school where there are significant opportunities for them to lead a consistent team of adults focused on improving instruction and culture
- Are viewed as high-potential leadership candidates by their current school, district or charter management organization
- Have a record of student achievement results as a teacher, team lead, leadership team member or Assistant Principal
To learn more about applying to the Emerging Leaders program, please click here.
To learn more about the program in each of our cities, visit the Locations page for your city of interest, or contact a local office:
Alison Johnson at email@example.com or (917) 464-3075.
Kendall Tripathi Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 296-6422.
Tim Carnahan at email@example.com or (312) 829-6011.
Mary Kathryn Wells at firstname.lastname@example.org or (808) 212-5341
Jessica Johnson at email@example.com or (443) 524-5945.
Tisha White at firstname.lastname@example.org or (901) 881-5122.
Miesha Parker-Juluke at email@example.com or (504) 717-7537.
Brandon Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org or (646) 596-4354.
Fran McCabe at email@example.com or (202) 315-2030.
New Leaders admits program participants of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin. For more information, please click here.